Friday, July 9, 2010

Lots of art going on in my life. For starters, about a month or so ago when the semester was coming to an end, my photo teacher encouraged me to submit some of my photos to the Del Mar Fair. I didn't want to but she insisted and then bribed me with a free ticket to the fair. Sold!  Well.....my pieces ended up getting first and second place!! That came completely unexpected, especially since BOTH prints did NOT turn out how they were supposed to.  One turned out underexposed and too small and the other's colors weren't nearly as vibrant as I had edited them to be. Oh well!



Where our photos were hung:



*
*
*
*
Last week I did an art walk on University ave. in Hillcrest. It was a block party to launch this new light system that they installed to create a light show in the trees. Well, to sum it up, I didn't sell anything and got towed. It cost me 280 fucking $$ to get my car out of the tow yard. I have many opinions about tow companies and the people who work for them but I don't feel like getting into it right now.

Here I am at the show. This picture is on www.sdpix.com. Many photographers were there and newscasters.

I took this one of my show:

I think I need to stop painting portraits and start doing more landscapes. I always sell out of my landscapes quickly and have had many of these portraits for years!
*
*
*
*
Maybe a month ago I was commissioned to do a 6'X3' painting. It was by far the largest painting that I have ever done. It was for my friend's boyfriend who is a flight attendant. He paid me $80 for supplies and two free buddy passes to anywhere in the continential U.S. (that includes Puerto Rico and Costa Rica)! How exciting is that! The piece was to be mimicked by a piece that he had seen in a store. So here it is:


Here's the piece that I was basing it off of.  Not identical but whatevs:
Jay1.jpg

He loves it and that's all that matters. The painting is completely textured too which you cannot tell in the photo.
*
*
*
*
I've helped two gallery owners set up websites over the past two weeks.  Make sure to check them out!

I'm going to be in shows at both of these galleries.  This one HERE, I'm actually in a show tomorrow!  Hopefully I will make it and take photos.

And I helped Hyacinthe put together a website for the Alice & Artists in Wonderland show.  This is a worldwide show so if any of you artists want to be part of this, let me know!  Here's her site: http://www.hyacinthebaron.com/.  We're still working on the site.  It's nowhere near done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment